Re: Breaks in lenny

Manoj Srivastava dijo [Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 06:40:25PM -0600]:
>         Are you suggesting that somehow dpatch/quilt would have been
>  even more effective?  How do you quickly get diffs between several
>  parrallel lines of development that I am trying out from a quilt'ed
>  patch set?

IMHO, the use cases are fundamentally different here - dpatch and
quilt are, in my eyes, mostly geared towards diffs used by packagers,
not as much by developers. Most Debian work is, of course,
packaging. In the case of devotee, I am sure dpatch/quilt are not in a
better position than any other diffing solution. But for figuring out
changesets in Debian packages, I ofteh find them to be the right
tool.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23