Re: Debian policy manual CVS address?

Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 06:19:38PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> That's the last change to the canonical repository, yes.

>> I have a bunch of changes queued in my personal repository (including the
>> menu policy update) but hadn't gotten a lot of feedback on whether or not
>> I should just merge them, and have been horrifically short on time
>> recently.

> patch-1 through patch-10 look decent to me.

Thanks!  I've merged this into the default repository (I'm sure that
someone who knows arch better than I do will tell me if I didn't anything
wrong here).  This is the first merge that I've done, so please yell if I
did anything wrong.

I've pretty clearly been too conservative, in part because I didn't really
want to drive the whole process myself and I guess I was sort of waiting
for some sort of a consensus to emerge.  But I don't think that's going to
happen, and there's really nothing that we can't fix later.

I'm going to try to release a new version of Policy by this coming Sunday
unless someone yells at me and tells me to stop.  I'll try to incorporate
all the pending changes that are obvious and uncontroversial, and then we
can try to sort out where we go from there.

I'll also go ping all the official Debian policy delegates and ask who is
planning to do what.