Re: Debian policy manual CVS address?

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 06:19:38PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> That's the last change to the canonical repository, yes.
>
> I have a bunch of changes queued in my personal repository (including the
> menu policy update) but hadn't gotten a lot of feedback on whether or not
> I should just merge them, and have been horrifically short on time
> recently.

Where is your personal repository ?

I have to say that, when I announced the new menu policy, I expected a
updated policy would be uploaded soon, since I provided a patch and
it was well-received.

The current discrepancy between the policy package and the actual menu
policy in use is causing confusion.  The menu policy is supposed to
be authoritative but actually is not.

When menu policy was integrated to debian-policy, there were a general
agreement that this should still allow menu policy to evolve at its
own pace.

Is there any reason why the patch cannot be applied and a new
policy package released ? That would not be detrimental to a
subsequent update with more changes. This is in the spirit of
"release early release often" and this would reduce the confusion
about the menu structure.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>