Re: Debian policy manual CVS address?

* Wed 2007-11-28 Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <faw@funlabs.org>
>>>   http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals
>>>
>>> The policy manual's address is:
>>>
>>>   cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-policy co debian-policy
>>>
>>> However this gives error:
>>>
>>>   /cvs/debian-policy: no such repository
>>>
>>> Pelase point me to correct location (page may need fix too).
>>
>> I noticed that some weeks ago and tried to find out. I think
>> debian-policy is now in a Arch repository on arch.debian.org.
>> But all of them seemed pretty stale (no activity since last upload),
>> so I wasn't sure.
>> Never investigated this further, though. I would also be interested in
>> the answer.
>>
>> CCing debian-policy list.
>
> Since I'm not an experient bazaar/arch/tla/bzr user
> I can't give precise information, sorry, but I hope this
> helps. Arch repositories have something similar to SVN:
>
> 		http://arch.debian.org/
>

> 	Two of them catch attention:
>
> dbnpolicy	debian-policy@lists.debian.org--etch	baz	http://arch.debian.org/arch/dbnpolicy/etch/
> dbnpolicy	debian-policy@lists.debian.org--lenny	baz	http://arch.debian.org/arch/dbnpolicy/lenny/

Hi Manoj,

Could you confirm that the Arch repository is the correct location?
The last chnagelog is from:

    2006-10-02  Manoj Srivastava  <srivasta@debian.org>

According to checkout:

    baz register-archive http://arch.debian.org/arch/dbnpolicy/lenny/
    baz get debian-policy@lists.debian.org--lenny/debian-policy--devel--3.7

Is this correct?

A wishlist: Could git be considered instead of baz, because git's
development seems to advance fast and it would be more easy to use (just
one "clone" command to get archive).

Jari