Re: Date and Upsteam-URL fields

* Margarita Manterola [Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:35:54 -0300]:

> So, in any case, I'd encourage you to patch dpkg to handle a new
> "Homepage" field, and submit the patch.  Once this is being used by a
> big number of packages, you might bring this up again.

> I'd really like to have the Homepage field in dpkg, although I doubt
> it would enter policy.

You can start without patching dpkg:

  Package: foo
  XB-Homepage: http://www.foo.org

That will make a Homepage field end in the binary control information,
and thus in the Packages file.

I've recently added a X-VCS-Bzr header to a couple packages of mine (in
the .dsc, though, not in the binaries, so it's only in the Sources file).

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

               Listening to: Joaquín Sabina - El rocanrol de los idiotas