Re: Original sources, or not

Glenn McGrath, 2003-09-18 10:30:18 +0200 :

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:01:25 -0500
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> 	Pristine sources are already a desired, but not required,
>>  characteristic. There are enough brain dead upstream packaging
>>  practices that we can not mandate pristine sources.
>
> Dont go blaming "upstream" for debians problems, lots of other distro's
> ship pristine sources, thats a poor excuse.

Some upstreams ship files that we are not allowed to redistribute.  Or
files that are non-free enough that one needs to remove them for the
source package to be acceptable in Debian (main).

> As far as i know, the problem is that our packaging tools cant handle
> the common tar.bz2 format, or having seperate patches.

  Not only.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Bonjour, je suis un virus de signature.  Propagez-moi dans la vôtre !