Re: docs, docs, and more docs(names of packages and location of files)

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 10:58:03AM -0500, Bob Hilliard wrote:
> "Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder" <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> writes:

> > I think splitting out a -doc is always good if it's more than, say, 10%
> > of the pkgs installed size.

>      I agree with the concept, but I think 20% would be a better
> limit.  Of course, the man pages, copyright and changelogs must stay
> in the package (absent a major policy change).

I'm not sure that specifying a fixed percentage is a good idea.  If
the package is tiny, then 20% might be insignificant, whereas if the
package is huge, then 19% might be pretty huge too.  I think this is
another case where we should let common sense prevail.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single