Re: [RFC] *-rc.d -> rc.d-* transition

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Chris Waters wrote:
>   ~ $ grep update-rc.d /var/lib/dpkg/info/*{pre,post}{inst,rm}|wc -l
>        88

If you use update-rc.d, you will call init scripts with 99.9% probability.
That means you _will have to_ switch to invoke-rc.d (sooner or later
anyway).  For people using debhelper, both means just a recompile.  For
others, it means the package has to be changed anyway.

So we should decide if there is a good reason to change the namings NOW.  I
am ok with the idea that we just keep them, but not because of "touching too
many packages".  Most of those will have to be touched for invoke-rc.d
anyway.

  Henrique Holschuh