Re: Summary of KDE filesystem discussion

On Thursday 17 January 2002 04:11 am, Jarno Elonen wrote:
> To overcome the graphical browser issue in administration etc. in the
> future, however, I was requesting comments on the
> "/usr/kde2/qtcups/<etc|bin|doc> with /usr/bin/qtcups ->
> /usr/kde/qtcups/bin/qtcups" -model. You could the packages nicely inside as
> many subdirectries as you like; perhaps using lsm cathegories or Debian's
> menu policy for desktop systems?

  I think a much better way to do this is to allow your graphical browser to
parse the dpkg list of installed files, and show a fake hierarchy based on that.
  I seem to remember that someone did this for Nautilus already, but I'm not sure.

  Daniel

|  Afternoon, n.:                                                             |
|    That part of the day we spend worrying about how we wasted the morning.  |
\----------------- The Turtle Moves! -- http://www.lspace.org ----------------/