Re: Question about native packages

Hi Siggi,

>> Siggi Langauf <langausd@fachschaft> writes:

 > > Well, as I said the choice between native and non-native is simply
 > > a choice of source distribuition formats, not of "status" (at least
 > > IMHO).
 >
 > I don't quite get your point here...

 "better" isn't an order relation for the { native, non-native } set.

 > > Debian needs to minimize mirror sync pulse, which is the main
 > > reason for the non-native source format. If it gains you nothing,
 > > you don't have to use it.
 >
 > That's exactly my point.

 It would be *nice* if debian/changelog listed *only* packaging changes.
 It makes easier for other people to figure out if there was a packaging
 mistake form one release to the next and makes it easier to fix
 packaging mistakes without having to wait for a new upstream release
 (or without forcing one).  If this is a problem (i.e, means more work),
 I guess ChangeLog is being generated from CVS log entries, which is in
 general terms a good thing.

                                Marcelo

 PS: Fix your MTA.  I see 'From: Siggi Langauf <langausd@fachschaft>'