Re: Question about native packages

Hi Marcelo,

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>  > I don't quite get your point here...
>
>  "better" isn't an order relation for the { native, non-native } set.

Ooops, sorry, if I said "better", I meant "better suited for the
particular case".

>  It would be *nice* if debian/changelog listed *only* packaging changes.
>  It makes easier for other people to figure out if there was a packaging
>  mistake form one release to the next and makes it easier to fix
>  packaging mistakes without having to wait for a new upstream release
>  (or without forcing one).  If this is a problem (i.e, means more work),
>  I guess ChangeLog is being generated from CVS log entries, which is in
>  general terms a good thing.

No, the CVS log would generate much too much noise in our ChangeLog, so
it's hand-maintained.
IMHO, waiting for new upstream releases is not an issue yet, as there's
literally always something to release...

>  PS: Fix your MTA.  I see 'From: Siggi Langauf <langausd@fachschaft>'

There's nothing to fix. That's where the mail comes from. If I wanted
replies to another address, I'd specify a Reply-to:.

(Or do you _only_ see <langausd@fachschaft> ? Then you must be at uni and
it's not my MTA, but mailgw.informatik who shortened the address ;-)

Regards,
	Siggi