Re: Source package policy problem.

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 09:02:21AM +0100, pape@innominate.com wrote:
> What a pity not having sensible packages of djb software in debian (e.g.
> see bind's youngest security problems).

Essentially, this is a conflict between djb and fhs, with debian caught
in the middle.

Also, since djb software would go in non-free [no license to distribute
modified versions], no one in debian has managed to muster enough
enthusiasm to convince either djb or fhs to see the error of their ways.

I suppose the "right" solution would be to re-engineer and re-write djb
software from the specs.  This would allow fhs compatability, and solve
the non-free problem.  So far, no one has pulled this off.

--
Raul