Re: changelog bug-closing should not be used unless the code changes

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 10:19:02AM +1100, Brian May wrote:

> I thought the Changelog was used to record changes in the package.

Something has changed: the fact that the bug is not present has been
documented (in the changelog itself).

I don't insist on this interpretation, but it doesn't seem
unreasonable.  After all, we do require a changelog entry, even if the
*source* hasn't changed.  If changelog entries only covered source
changes, I might agree, but then we'd have to record the current
version number elsewhere.  (And then that "elsewhere" might be an
appropriate place for mentioning non-bugs or previously-fixed bugs.)
--
Chris Waters      |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org  |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single