Re: changelog bug-closing should not be used unless the code changes

>>"Ian" == Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

 Ian> I don't think that using the changelog bug-closing mechanism is
 Ian> appropriate for when a bug is closed with no change to the code.

	Would you care to explain this statement? If closing the bug
 is indeed propoer, why shouldn't the changelog mechanism be used?
 Indeed, I would think the changelog mechanism should be preferred,
 since there is a permanent record of all such actions in the
 changelog, then.

	And if the bug is inappropriately closed (which is your
 argument, I believe), then such a closing is inappropriate whether or
 not you use the changelog mechanism.

	manoj
--
 When the saleman's car broke down, he walked to the nearest farmhouse
 to ask if he could stay the night.  The farmer agreed to put him up.