Re: changelog bug-closing should not be used unless the code changes

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 11:18:04AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I don't think that using the changelog bug-closing mechanism is
> appropriate for when a bug is closed with no change to the code.
> James (you're still owner@bugs?) and Ben, do you agree ?

Just to comment on this little bit, I think it is appropriate, because
then the package's changelog serves as sort of a FAQ if the issue is
ever brought up again (and the bug has expired from the BTS). It also
keeps an historical reference for decisions.

Ben