Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

>>"Thomas" == Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

 Thomas> We can, and do, distribute individual .debs.  We advertise in various
 Thomas> ways individual .debs.  It is true that we only *support* their use on
 Thomas> Debian systems, which can be relied on to have GPL copies.  But the
 Thomas> GPL doesn't say "you must give the recipient a copy of this License if
 Thomas> you are supporting their use of the software"  It says "if you give
 Thomas> them the sw, you must give them the License".

	But that is not the only thing we distribute. The users have
 ample opportunity to get the GPL, either in a required, essential
 package, or with the sources, with the official CD, a mirror of our
 archive, and via email from any of a few hundred Debian developers.

	When we give them the software, we do give them the GPL. When
 they take a small part of our software, and ignore what we say is the
 full, supported set, well, hell, even the FSF does not follow that
 rule.

	manoj
--
 What do you call frogs sauteed in egg and milk?  Fried toads.  --
 Lani Anderson