Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

 Thomas> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
 >> People making rpms and not distributing said RPM's with the
 >> GPL shall have the fleas of a thousand camels infest their beds, or
 >> whatever punishment you choose. But their trnagressions do not belong
 >> on debian policy.

 Thomas> We do, in fact, make .debs.  And we distribute them without the GPL.

        Disengenuous. That is not all we distribute. We distribute the
 GPL. We distribute packages that these binary packages depend on that
 contrain the GPL. We distribute the source packages that also

	You are setting up a scenario that someone takes a portion of
 what we distribute, and puts it on an unsupported system, and chooses
 not to download the GPL at the same time.

	I can download chunks of code form the ftf's own site
 (ftp://ftp.gnu.org/bin/ls, and a couple of c files) and not get the
 GPL. Frankly, granularity at this level is kinda ridiculous.

	manoj
--
 Jim, this is Janelle.  I'm flying tonight, so I can't make our date,
 and I gotta find a safe place for Daffy.  He loves you, Jim!  It's