Re: [PROPOSAL] Full text of GPL must be included

* Brian Mays <brian@debian.org> [001130 19:41]:
> If we're going to be so anal about interpreting the GPL, then why
> doesn't anyone mention the requirements for distributing the source.

Actually... we have agreed to one of: accompany the programs with
complete source, the three-year offer, or ``the information you received
as to the offer to distribute corresponding source code''.

If users don't download the source .debs, then we have agreed to hold
onto the source for three years, or pass on someone else's agreement to
hold onto the source for three years.

Does this mean our archives can't delete source .debs for more than
three years?

Yes, the BSD license looks better to me every day. >:->

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''