Re: RFC: allow output from maintainer scripts

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 10:12:50AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> So an alternative that has occurred to me is that we could introduce a
> command like dpkg-log and require that all output goes through it.
>
> dpkg-log "Recalibrating the frobnitzer"

This means future debs can't be installed with the current dpkg. It
means future dpkg's can never output anything. It means all debs that do
anything important in their postinst need an --assert-somethingorother
in their preinst.  Seems like needless complexity to me.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark