Re: policy summary

On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 09:38:17PM +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> OTOH, new packages with lintian errors tend to get rejected - it would
> be unfair to reject new software simply because it contains no man pages...

Frankly, I like the idea.  I think packages are being created far too
lightly these days.  Writing a manpage for the program takes a bit of
thought and research, and is useful to boot.  If a maintainer isn't
prepared to do that much for the package, then I say he has no business
packaging it.

Richard Braakman