[OTP] Re: smarter way to differ architectures needed?

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 09:09:43PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Guy Maor wrote:
> > b looks like a reasonable solution, and would not be hard to
> > implement.  Of course, as you said, if only a handful of packages are
> > affected, then it's less work to do c.
>
> Of course if we reed the Debian lessions (liw posted a URL for that
> recently) we know we have to consider that things grow in the future.
> It's not totally unreasonable to expect Linux and HURD will not be the
> only two systems in the future so we'll end up implementing (b) anyway
> then.
>
> Maybe we can get an entry in the Guiness book of records for the archive
> with the most symlinks?

What kind of proposals have come forth to somewhat flatten the ftp archives?
If none have I have a few ideas in mind...

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

"...Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing..."
	-- Ralph Waldo Emerson