Re: Is the dependency rule distribution-wise?

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I remember comments (I think from Richard Braakman) about this: at the
> moment the overrides-file lists info for all packages, not only
> overrides. He wanted to change this for potato so indeed only overrides
> are in there and the information in the control file will actually
> become useful.

So will this mean that if your packages match the overrides file, the line
in the overrides file will be removed?

That'd be nice. Very nice. I understand why the ftpadmins need the overrides
file, but I think most of us are capable of making their packages be in the
right section and priority, and then the overrides file isn't needed for
them (and they can change section and priority w/o bothering the ftpadmin
people).

--
see shy jo