Re: Is the dependency rule distribution-wise?

Santiago Vila wrote:

> If the dependency rule is to be considered "distribution-wise", ncurses3.4
> may not be made optional in a certain release until all the packages of
> standard or higher priorities have been recompiled in the same release.

Which means that when uploading ncurses 3.4 the maintainer made a mistake
and used the wrong priority.  Unfortunately slink is already frozen and
this bug is not important enough to change it.

Otherwise, recompile the info package, write a proper changelog record
and let the release manager decide if it's worth including into slink
or not.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto