Re: Is the dependency rule distribution-wise?

Previously Martin Schulze wrote:
> You're right, but the overrides file and the control file should be in
> sync, otherwise it won't make sense to have the - not used anyway - priority
> listed in the control file.  Thus I assume that the ftp masters notice
> when priorities mismatch and can react.

I remember comments (I think from Richard Braakman) about this: at the
moment the overrides-file lists info for all packages, not only
overrides. He wanted to change this for potato so indeed only overrides
are in there and the information in the control file will actually
become useful.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl