Re: The end of GIF format [was : Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL ]

On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 03:48:55PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> - certain features of GIF format (eg animations) cannot be use with
> other formats, eg jpeg or png. Please correct me if I am wrong...
> This proposal would make it harder to create animiate gifs, for
> instance, using GIMP.

Animated GIFs are a festering boil on the ass of the Internet, used almost
exclusively for advertising.  Those who create them will suffer eternal
damnation in hellfire.

/me fumbles for his Consumers' Union membership card

--
G. Branden Robinson            |            Measure with micrometer,
Debian GNU/Linux               |            mark with chalk,