Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 01:34:25PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Well, a simple[1] perl command can tell us exactly what packages are affected:

Hmm... ssh should no longer be non-free, if I recall correctly.

And, it looks like task-chinese-t should be in contrib.

Also, it looks like netscape isn't handled consistently -- more evidence
that a virtual package is the right thing here.

For the remainder I think it's fruitful to consider that one of the
following applies:

(a) The package should recommend a virtual package which has a free instance.
(b) The package should be in contrib.
(c) The reverse link should be represented using enhances.

Yeah, I recognize that (a) involves real work, and that (b) and (c) might
annoy some people who want things to stay the way they have been.

But I think classifying all such relationships into one of these
categories is good from the social contract point of view.

--
Raul