Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 01:21:22PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         This is an additional hack to cover the hack that people are
>  proposing. Enhances is a legitimate dependency, as is suggests, but
>  niether are really what is reqwuired to hide non-free from people who
>  do not want to see it.

Actually, this particular case has nothing to do with Enhances.

Re-read the above text.  It looks to me as if you're saying it's right
to say suggest netscape and not suggest a virtual package which both
mozilla and netscape provide.

And we still don't have a good example case where "free package suggests
non-free package" is better than "non-free package enhances free package"

--
Raul