objection! [was Re: Icon and pixmap location]

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 10:15:52AM +1100, Daniel James Patterson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 01:43:03PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> >
> > This is patently absurd: there is no need to have *three* locations of
> > pixmaps and three for bitmaps on our systems, in addition to a
>
> I agree.
>
> > (1) All pixmaps and bitmaps live in /usr/share/icons.  End of story.
> >     *NO* pixmaps or bitmaps will live in /usr/X11R6/include.
>
> This one gets my vote.

I'd be careful. There are technical issues and established worldwide practice
that we could be overlooking.

I only say this because I have discussed this with branden before, and he
had some very pointed things to say about it.

I formally object to this proposal on the grounds that we have not heard
from Branden yet, seeing as he is our resident X guru. Once Branden is
raised one way or another on this subject, I will retract this objection.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..avancouw@calpoly.edu.. ..aaronv@debian.org..
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org