Re: Icon and pixmap location

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 01:43:03PM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:

> This is patently absurd: there is no need to have *three* locations of
> pixmaps and three for bitmaps on our systems, in addition to a

I agree.

> (1) All pixmaps and bitmaps live in /usr/share/icons.  End of story.
>     *NO* pixmaps or bitmaps will live in /usr/X11R6/include.

This one gets my vote.

I think it's a good idea in general, and it'll be trivial for me to alter
my packages to suit, so I'm not too fussed about what direction is taken.

However, my package uses /usr/share/pixmaps, for a bunch of pixmaps, which
I think gives a much better description of what is actually _in_ that
directory, as opposed to /usr/share/icons.  I don't have icons, I have
pixmaps.

daniel