Re: Source dependencies: are we ready?

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 04:51:23PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > How do you define "complete implementation"?
>
> A dpkg-source that:
> a) supports build-dependencies
> b) supports multiple patches
> c) can setup a buildroot and start building everything that is needed to
>    build a package
>
> Right now c) doesn't seem to work correctly on Linux systems, otherwise
> it seems to work fine.

I had a look at Klee's sources.  They're poorly documented and they
do too much to be relevant to this policy amendment.  But the ideas
are interesting, so I'll see if I can figure the sources out and do
something about them ;-) Is it orphaned by Klee, ie. are we looking for
a new upstream developer or...?

IMHO you should not delay adding the patch to dpkg-dev.  Klee's source
format is not relevant to this amendment.

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)