Re: Source dependencies: are we ready?

> I'm annoyed though, that everyone is completely ignoring a *working*
> implementation of source-dependencies simply because nobody is
> willing to clean it up a little and package it. How can that
> happen???

Aehm, what do you mean? For just getting src-deps working, it's only
necessary that the appropriate fields are passed through (better
without warnings :-) Ok, we wish that src-deps are also checked, but
this isn't too hard (and IMHO it belongs into dpkg-source -x).

sbuild (used by the build daemons) already understands src-deps in the
control file. Do you consider this a working implementation? However,
it's not packaged yet :-), but more because the whole buildd setup
stuff is rather complicated. I've made some progress here lately, but
it isn't finished yet.

Roman