Re: /usr/share/doc (was Re: weekly policy summary)

Joseph Carter wrote:
> Just enough people don't like symlinks to make that not a consensus.
>
> Just enough people don't like trying to move entire trees to make that not
> a consensus.
>
> Just enough people want us not to move anything at all (screw the FHS and
> standards, right?  (can you tell my bias)) to make that also be on the
> plate.

Ok, here we have the three options to vote on. I'm going to wait at least a
week as Manoj suggested so we can try to vote on this.

> And then there are the people who think that we should just say screw
> backwards compatibility and just move the directories without bothering
> with transition.  Unfortunately many of them are already uploading
> packages, which means there's a time limit on the decision.

Well we can always file critical bugs against those packages when it turns
out they did the wrong thing.

> My vote is use your own technical judgement.  You've demonstrated that you
> know what you're doing at least more often than not (*grin and duck*) and
> you've got just shy of 70% of the distribution behind you using debhelper.

Flattery will get you nowhere. :-)

--
see shy jo