Re: Debian conflicts with FHS on /usr/include/{linux,asm}

[kernel headers in /usr/include not matching current kernel]

yes, this generates problems for kernel dependend software like isdn,
knfsd and similiar stuff.

99% can be fixed by compiling with -I/path/to/current/kernel/linux/include.
only 99%, because any inclusion of linux/* and net/* will cause severe
headaches, since linux/include/net/* and /usr/include/net/* is very
incompatible.

but isdnutils is the only package i know with this race condition.
and once you know the problem, a workaround is easy:
mkdir x; ln -s /path/to/kernel/linux/include/{linux,asm} x/; compile with -Ix

| diskette, but that argument is really a red herring.  The header files
| should match the normal kernel which you boot, which is normally the
| default kernel installed on the hard drive.)

hmm. guess everyone has at least two different kernels (old working one and
new compiled one). but there can be only one /usr/include/...

andreas