Re: Debian conflicts with FHS on /usr/include/{linux,asm}

Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> wrote:
> Assuming you mean /usr/include/{linux,asm} need to be a valid default,
> I totally agree. The current Debian system is immensely insatisfactory
> in that it's pretty much impossible for any non-C-literate user to
> compile a standalone module by themselves.

/usr/include/{linux,asm} is userspace, not kernel space.  It's
bogus to even expect it to be valid for building kernel modules.

While it may be reasonable for a kernel module to default to
/usr/src/linux/include/{linux,asm} but it's not reasonable for a kernel
module to expect that user space has the right includes.

--
Raul