Re: weekly policy summary

***** EB => Edward Betts

EB> So The Gimp was a bad example how about bsdgames? If there was not
EB> reference to rogue being in bsdgames-non-free then the maintainer
EB> might get lots of e-mails asking where rogue was. Yes, I know I am
EB> pushing it a bit. Similarly with tetex and tetex-non-free.

My answer simply is: so be it.

How could we build a completely free OS if we didn't separate out
non-free from free software?

If bsdgames-non-free contains non-free software, it cannot be part of
Debian, and there is no reason bsdgames should suggest it.

The same applies to tetex and tetex-non-free.

It's sad, but every non-free piece of software has its disadvantages
over free alternatives; that's the way it works.

Regards,

--
Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://www.linux.it/%7Esalve/>
<http://www.gnu.org/> * <http://www.debian.org/> * <http://www.linux.org>