Re: [SUMMARY] packages useless without non-free servers? (Was: a giant flamewar that's gotten hot as hell itself!)

    I can also support having apt's sources.list be something like this:

      # Something about this being sources.list and pointin you at
      # sources.list(5) for info on its format
      #
      # The general outline of an entry for http:
      # deb http://your.server/mirror release dist dist ....

      deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main
      deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable main

I would be happy with that.

      # Mention that these things below here aren't part of Debian and if the
      # user wants them they'll have to uncomment them.

      #deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable contrib non-free
      #deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable contrib non-free

I'm slightly unhappy with that, but I wouldn't make a big issue
about a mere comment.