Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

In article <19990503093420.D18597@debian.org>, Joseph Carter
<knghtbrd@debian.org> wrote:

>I ask you again, is a perl script which reads freshmeat only good enough
>for contrib because scoop hasn't published sources to his CGIs?

Hu? You don't access Freshmeat over the free protocol HTTP? Funny.

To be specific: a CGI that accesses Freshmeat is something that could be
used for other purposes, like accessing other web-based services ( even
free ones). A AOL messenger replacement is only usefull for accessing AOL.
That's a big difference. On the other hand, if TIK (I don't know it, so I
don't know about it's features) would support POP3 or IMAP4, too, that
would be ok - now it would only be a mail client that additionally
supports AOL. It's a grey area, I think.

bye, Georg

--
http://www.westfalen.de/hugo/