Re: Software in main that is throughly useless without non-free software

Hi,

 Georg> In article <8790b5kizn.fsf@glaurung.green-gryphon.com>, Manoj Srivastava
 >> srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

 >> Do we have the right to deprive users of choices just because
 >> we see no reason to do stuff? Sounds a trifle draconian.

 Georg> Uhm - putting TIK into contrib doesn't "deprive users of
 Georg> choices", it only slims down main to those programs that are
 Georg> usefull in a all-free-world.

        It throws the code out of Debian. I think that is quite
 serious.

        I also think that vi is not useful in any world, let alone an
 all free world. Who make the decision of what is useful? If it were
 me, all vi clones would be out. As well as python. ;-)

        Adding subjectivity into something that was hereto objective
 is dangerous.

        manoj
--
 Center meeting at 4pm in 2C-543.