Re: Branden's contrib manifesto (was: Hey! Why does everybody love flaming so much? [was: `pure'])

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 10:46:42PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>  Marcus> Obviously, the work should be done by the people who propose
>  Marcus> or people willing to help them, so this is a non-issue, IMHO.
>
>         Is this possible? You need the help of the archive
>  maintainers, the mirror opoerators, the boot floppy people, the
>  official CD team, etc. Are you sure that all the people invilved are
>  enthusiastically in favour of a new distribution?

They don't need to be enthusiastic about it, it is good enough if they are
not actively against it when it comes to a vote and is decided positive upon.

>  Marcus> I saw no other technical counter arguments.
>
>         Is this not enough?

Depends on the people who are involved in this work, not on me or you (sorry
if I didn't realize that you are involved, but I can'r recall right now).

So we find agreement when we write down that creating such a new
distribution would be quite some work, and something needs to do it, or it
won't happen of course.

Thanks,
Marcus