Re: the freedom to boycott non-free software

 Gord> ``The freedom to use the best features of the program, while
 Gord> boycotting all non-free software. (freedom 4)''

 MS>         And, I think, would take the Free software foundation
 MS> furhter away from the Linux community in general. So be it. It is
 MS> certainly their right. However, I think that I am glad that Linus
 MS> is in charge, and he seems less radical

As a note, RMS just wrote me back:

  I don't think this should be a part of the definition
  of free software.  Rather, it is a part of the definition
  of free software that is useful for a free OS.

  Perhaps free-sw.html should say a little about that issue as well
  as its current topic.

He's countered my point with a good, rational argument, and so I am
changing my vote accordingly:

[4] ACCEPT freedom to boycott, and change the DFSG accordingly
[3] ACCEPT freedom to boycott, but only change the definition of `main'
[1] ACCEPT freedom to boycott, but only create a `pure' subset of `main'
[ ] REJECT freedom to boycott, and maintain the status quo
[ ] REJECT freedom to boycott, and ban all future discussion
[2] FURTHER DISCUSSION

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)