>>"Gord" == Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@trick.fig.org> writes:

 Gord> [1] TOSS THINGS INTO CONTRIB
 Gord> [2] NEW PURE DISTRIBUTION
 Gord> [ ] STATUS QUO

        And mine:
  [ ] TOSS THINGS INTO CONTRIB
  [2] NEW PURE DISTRIBUTION
  [1] STATUS QUO

 BC> My opinion, get back to the roots of our goals and gut main to
 BC> meet the standards that Debian was built on.

 Gord> I agree completely.  I'm proposing `pure' as a rational alternative
 Gord> that forces the issue to get us out of the rut of the status quo.

        I asked a few mails ago about what changing the mirors,
 procedures and other miscellaneous tasks involved in creating a new
 distribution buys us, and I have yet to hear any answer, let alone a
 compelling one.

        I wish Alex were around.

        manoj
--
 "... I should explain that I was wearing a black velvet cape that was
 supposed to make me look like the dashing, romantic Zorro but which