Re: [lack of] Public apology to Joseph Carter

Hi,
>>"Gord" == Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@trick.fig.org> writes:

 Gord> All in all, I think my words achieved exactly the desired effect, so
 Gord> I'm not going to apologize for them.  Sorry (for not apologizing).

 Gord> I bet that you (dear reader) will never forget to be extra polite,
 Gord> understanding, gentle, and rational when you reply to my messages, now
 Gord> that you understand how easily provoked I am.

 Gord> I also bet that nobody on this list will idolize me, if they ever did
 Gord> in the first place.  I consider that a tremendous benefit, at the
 Gord> cost of having to use a few cheap swear words. ;)

        I am afraid that your words did not achieve that
 effect. Essentially, you have lost any respect your work may have
 granted you in my eyes, and you are close to being kill filed
 permanetly (not that I imagine that you care in the least for my
 regard).

        With the kind of defence you have been putting up, I take it
 that your position is essentially indefensible. I figured as much.

        Have a good life, sir.

        manoj
--
 Hard reality has a way of cramping your style. Daniel Dennett