Re: what is main?

On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 08:38:56AM -0600, Gordon Matzigkeit wrote:
>  BC> My two little pennies worth. I'm sort of against the "pure"
>  BC> concept, but only because main is _supposed_ to be pure, by it's
>  BC> own definition.
>
> I would be happy with either way.  Here's my current vote:
>
> [1] TOSS THINGS INTO CONTRIB
> [2] NEW PURE DISTRIBUTION
> [ ] STATUS QUO

Ahh, first you blast me for deciding my vote on the issue which disagrees
with yours, and then you do the same.  Am I not to think this
hypocritical of you?  My vote, in case you actually decide to care what I
think (which is of course not required):

[    ] TOSS things into contrib arbitrarily
[    ] CREATE a new "pure" distribution
[   2] REVIEW the social contract and DFSG and decide if we want to
       change them at all and if so, how.
[   1] LEAVE things as they are now
[    ] FURTHER discussion

I'm sick of arguing about it personally.  If you want to do it, do it the
right way and put it to a vote.  If you don't want to do that, I have
little more to say on the subject.

* Knghtbrd unleashes a pair of double barreled snurf guns and covers
  jesus with snurf darts
<jesus> meany :P