Re: DRAFT: Fixing the architecture query options of dpkg.

Previously Jules Bean wrote:
> The ability to invoke debian/rules <target> by hand is not really a
> 'technical advantage', though convenient.

It is an advantage: I do "debian/rules binary" by hand quite a lot in
testing packages, and only run dpkg-buildpackage on the final result.
For some package I only call debian/rules to build subpackages instead
of all binaries.

If I was forced to used dpkg-buildpackage everytime I'ld loose a lot of
flexibilty which would really annoy me.

Wichert. (who has decided to create a package where debian/rules is a
sh-script someday just for fun)

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl