Re: NAG messages.

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 03:20:09PM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> > Dale is completely within his legal rights to request the cessation of
> > unsolicited mail of any nature from any party.  All Debian developers have
> > that right, and we should respect it.
>
> They do and I have in the past (packages, actually, not maintainers).  The
> simple truth of this is that Dale refuses to conceed that any solution other
> than the one he proposed could possible solve the problem in a better way.

The fact that you think his justification for his request is unreasonable
doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to make the request.

Having the right to request the cessation of unsolicited mail does not mean
one is obligated to justify that request to the satisfactor of the one
sending the unsolicited mail.  I imagine no one could ever convince
commercial spammers to quit with such tactics.  That's why there are
efforts to legislate against such abuse.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 | When I die I want to go peacefully in
Purdue University                   | my sleep like my ol' Grand Dad...not