Re: NAG messages.

> > I would be happy to comply with your request except that it no longer
> > has any basis.  You complained because you received "hundreds" of
> > unrequested emails.  That will never happen again.  So why do you
> > continue to complain?
>
> Dale is completely within his legal rights to request the cessation of
> unsolicited mail of any nature from any party.  All Debian developers have
> that right, and we should respect it.

They do and I have in the past (packages, actually, not maintainers).  The
simple truth of this is that Dale refuses to conceed that any solution other
than the one he proposed could possible solve the problem in a better way.

The way I read it is that he continues to fight for what he asked for
instead of what he claimed he wanted with his original "hundreds of emails"
argument (which has been ripped from beneath him).  He is unwilling to even
give the new system a try, insistant that what he asked for was the correct
solution regardless of the reasons why.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

  `My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and
  despair!'  Nothing besides remains.  Round the decay of that colossal wreck,
  boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away.   -- Shelly