Re: Call for Seconds, Take II

    Manoj> Hi
    >>> "Karl" == Karl M Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com> writes:

    Karl> Also, "ChangeLog" files are named with capital `C' and `L'
    Karl> when you use `C-x 4 a' with `add-log' in the emacsen.  I
    Karl> think we should permit that spelling, which is very standard
    Karl> and more common than all lowercase, rather than symlinking
    Karl> or renaming.  I like it capitalized since that makes it sort
    Karl> near the top of a directory listing in `dired' (or any other
    Karl> file manager).

    Manoj> 	Are you proposing this as an amendment to the
    Manoj> 	proposal?

 Sure.  Will anyone second?

 Another thing I've been doing...  I use `pcl-cvs' (a recent beta, in
 XEmacs 21.2 beta; you can grab an _unofficial_ version and try it if
 you like, off my http site.  It is greatly improved over the older
 version, and needs to be tested by someone who uses GNU Emacs, rather
 than XEmacs.), and have `change-log-default-name' customized to
 "ChangeLog.local".

 When I make a changelog entry with `C-x 4 a', it puts that entry in
 my local changelog file, so that later joins with upstream sources
 don't create the inevitable conflicts in "ChangeLog".  I also put
 that ChangeLog.local into the doc directory...  I only log packageing
 type changes in the Debian changelog, and code mods are in the
 ChangeLog.local file, since that works better with `pcl-cvs' and
 `add-log'.

 I guess the name could be other than *.local; leaving `local' for
 users who are CVS tracking the Debian version of a source ball?
 Hmmm.  Any suggestions?

--
mailto:karlheg@debian.org (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg