Re: Call for Seconds, Take II

Hi,
>>"Karl" == Karl M Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com> writes:

>>>>> "Manoj" == Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
 Manoj> Hi
 >>>> "Karl" == Karl M Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com> writes:

 Karl> Also, "ChangeLog" files are named with capital `C' and `L'
 Karl> when you use `C-x 4 a' with `add-log' in the emacsen.  I
 Karl> think we should permit that spelling, which is very standard
 Karl> and more common than all lowercase, rather than symlinking
 Karl> or renaming.  I like it capitalized since that makes it sort
 Karl> near the top of a directory listing in `dired' (or any other
 Karl> file manager).

 Manoj> Are you proposing this as an amendment to the
 Manoj> proposal?

 Karl>  Sure.  Will anyone second?

	Actually, I think I object to this amendment as it stands,
 after reflection. Under the current policy, I always know where the
 changelog is, upstream, or Debian. This new blurring of the name by
 allowing mixde case makes for more confusion. I say that the name
 should be allowed, as long as there exists a symlink so that people
 looking for the debian's default location shall not be dissapointed.

	A symlink is not that hard to create in the rules file. And
 compatibility and consistency requirements are enough to
 justify the loss of an inode.

	manoj
--
 QOTD: I love your outfit, does it come in your size?