Re: Unidentified subject! (fwd)

    Anthony> On Fri, Sep 11, 1998 at 05:18:18PM +0200, Anthony
    Anthony> C. Zboralski wrote:
    >> hey is there an easy way to print info manuals?

    Anthony> No. In order to have acceptable quality output, you have
    Anthony> to use the TeXinfo source files.

    >> for manuals like libg++ i am not going to print everypages
    >> manually; maybe i am stupid and there is an easier way to do
    >> this but when i need to print a texinfo manual, i have to grab
    >> the package source, run configure and make dvi.

    Anthony> You could try getting policy extended to have .texi
    Anthony> sources (in a form suitable for texi2dvi) included in the
    Anthony> package (or in a separate documentation package) -
    Anthony> propose it on debian-policy@lists.debian.org

 I think that the .texi source belongs in the package source.  Why
 make yet another package out of things when it's already there?
 Perhaps there ought to be (ie, suggested by, but not required by
 policy) a "debian/rules" target for creating the .dvi or .ps, whenif
 the upstream Makefile doesn't perform that task adequately.

 <muse>
  It sure would be nice if someone would extend `gv' to have `Lectern'
  like keybinds, with searching and everything... and maybe some
  `info' keys too.  <sigh>  I've got a book about postscript, but
  haven't read it yet, and don't know C and X programming well enough
  to take it on yet. <grin>
 </muse>