Re: changes and standards documents

Hi,

 Philip> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
 >> I think that mutable strandards are an anathema: supporting a
 >> plethora of modified almost standards dilutes the benefits of a
 >> standard, the strength of a standard lies in the fact that *everyone*
 >> follows the same document.

 Philip> I agree absolutely.

 Philip> I wasn't saying that standards should all be DFSG free.
 Philip> I just don't want anything that isn't DFSG free in main.

	Any reasons? Or is this an expression of opinion? If the
 latter, I dislike Red, and I prefer Blue.

 Philip> Including anything that is non-DFSG in main, means that
 Philip> people have to start checking licences, before playing with
 Philip> the source --- a Bad Thing IMHO.

	This is a reason. Hmm. If we go with the guarantee that you
 may gleefully hack the sources of anyhing in main, with no
 retribution, yes.

	Of course, we have to throw out the GPL and the most other
 licenses, but that may be a small price to pay for mutability.

	manoj
--
 Cole's Law: Thinly sliced cabbage.